Who says lunchables are for kids? Here’s a fancier adult Meal Prep Lunchables that you can make at home, aka how to meal prep a mini cheese board!
I remember when I was in elementary school begging my mom to pick up Lunchables for me to bring to school for lunch. Every once in a while when they were on sale, my mom would give in and buy me one or two boxes and I was always over the moon! I remember looking forward to lunch hour whenever I got a box. It was the highlight of my day!
I think Lunchables is the root of my love for cheese boards because if you really think about it, Lunchables are just cheese boards for children!
So now that I’m an adult and have slightly more expensive taste in cheese and crackers, I pretty much hold all the power when it comes to packing my own lunch and snacks so it’s no surprise that attempting to meal prep a cheese board is top priority.
What You Need To Make Adult Lunchables
- Meat: For this DIY Lunchable, I used prosciutto. Other alternatives include: pepperoni, sliced turkey, salami, etc.
- Cheese: I used a spicy chipotle and habanero harvati cheese from Arla. Other cheeses you may like are gouda, cheddar, provolone, brie, etc.
- Crackers: Raincoast crisps are used in this homemade Lunchables. Be sure to pick a cracker that is thick/sturdy as you want the crackers to hold up in the fridge (I find some crackers on the thinner side break easily after they’ve been stored in the fridge).
- Fruit: I love grapes for DIY Lunchables. However, fruits like strawberries, cherries, raspberries, sliced apples, etc would work wonderfully as well.
I personally don’t mind if my fruit and crackers touch but if you use certain fruits that might make your crackers soggy, you can use these adorable silicone cups to keep everything “separated.”
How To Make Adults Lunchables at Home
- Make sure your fruits have been patted dry. Place in a silicone cup if you wish.
- Assemble by placing all the Lunchable components into an airtight container.
- Store for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Meal Prep Lunchables
- 100-150 grams prosciutto
- 200 grams cheese
- 150 grams crackers
- 2 cups seedless grapes
Want more snack ideas? Click on the photos down below!
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Freezer Friendly Marinades
- Meal Prep Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mealprepsupport/