A delicious quinoa salad with honey garlic sriracha chicken that takes less than 40 minutes to make. This meal prep idea will get you excited for lunch time during your work week!
QUINOA SALAD WITH HONEY GARLIC SRIRACHA CHICKEN MEAL PREP
I’ve been a little obsessed with quinoa salads recently. It takes less than 20 minutes to make and all you have to do is add your protein of choice! This week, I was inspired by the popular honey garlic chicken dish and decided to do a play on that with my quinoa salad.
THAT HONEY GARLIC SAUCE…
I wanted to make my own so I could control what’s in my honey garlic sauce. The honey garlic in this quinoa salad with honey garlic chicken is actually quite easy to make! On low heat, I mixed together honey, tamari sauce, and minced garlic. However, I wanted an extra kick so I added some sriracha into the sauce too! Oh and of course a bit of flour to thicken the sauce. It literally took seconds and I get to know exactly what went into the sauce.
With the sauce, I bake/marinate the chicken the same way I did for my Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki with Veggies and Pineapple Meal Prep where I put the chicken in a parchment paper, fold it in half, and fold close the parchment paper envelop. Check out my chicken teriyaki recipe for a picture on how to do it if you need help!
One of my favourite way to eat this quinoa salad with honey garlic sriracha chicken meal prep is with a side of fruit! I find that mixing the two together to be perfect! I think the Monbento box is perfect for this quinoa salad with honey garlic sriracha chicken meal prep because the two compartment keeps the fruit from making the chicken soggy.
TIPS ON MAKING THIS QUINOA SALAD WITH HONEY GARLIC SRIRACHA CHICKEN
- Cook your chicken in a parchment paper envelope to keep the sauce on the chicken while it bakes so it stays moist, tender, and full of flavour
- Don’t want to mince garlic? Toss a few cloves into the food processor!
- If you want your quinoa to have more flavour to it, cook it in broth instead of water.
- If you want to avoid the quinoa from getting soggy, keep your honey garlic for the quinoa on the side and don’t add it until you’re ready to serve/eat (monbento makes these cute little sauce holders to go with the bento boxes)
Quinoa Salad with Honey Garlic Sriracha Chicken
Honey Garlic Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey, more or less to taste
- 2-3 tbsp tamari sauce, more or less to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha, more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp flour, to thicken
Quinoa Salad and Chicken
- 4 small chicken breast (or two large ones cut in half)
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 bag spinach
- Heat up the oven to 400F.
- On low heat on the stovetop, mix together your honey, tamari sauce, minced garlic, and flour.
- While stirring the honey garlic sriracha sauce occasionally, get a second pot on the stove and place your quinoa and water on medium heat. Your quinoa should take around 15-20 minutes to cook, stir it occasionally.
- Once your honey garlic sriracha sauce is throughly mixed together, set aside 1/3 of it and pour 2/3 onto your chicken (in a parchment paper envelop) and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until your chicken is done.
- Once your quinoa is done and your chicken is baking, mix your spinach and quinoa together in your lunch container.
- Once your chicken is done, slice it up and place it on top of your quinoa and spinach. Portion out the remainder of the honey garlic sriracha sauce to each serving.
- Optional: Serve with fruit!
[Tweet “Quinoa Salad with Honey Garlic Sriracha Chicken #MealPrep”]
Don’t forget to click the pin it button down below to pin this recipe for later!
Let’s Chat! What did you meal prep this week?
Want more simple chicken recipes? Check these out!
- Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki with Veggies and Pineapple Meal Prep (no sesame)
- Super Easy and Fast Dinner Idea: One Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- One Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken + Veggies
Check out this post if you’re looking for tips on how to meal prep
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube