This Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Meal Prep is jammed packed with a whole lotta flavour thanks to its flavourful marinade. This Vietnamese Grilled Chicken is perfect for either a meal prep or as a weeknight dinner.
Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Meal Prep
One of my favourite Vietnamese dishes growing up is Vietnamese Grilled Chicken and Pork – especially when it’s made at the restaurant on their grill. It’s one of the three to four dishes I ever order at a Vietnamese restaurant! Since I’m honestly not the type of person who would pull out the grill from the shed to scrub and clean in the backyard to make just one dish, I was really psyched when I got Philips’ Indoor Smokeless Grill! I can easily make my favourite grilled foods now year round indoors where the air conditioning is (and not have to clean a huge grill)!
What You’ll Need to Make Vietnamese Grilled Chicken
Surprisingly, it is very easy to make this grilled chicken recipe! I started with two chicken breasts and sliced each in half to make 4. It also makes grilling it much faster as it’s thinner.
For the marinade, you’ll need
- soy sauce paste (it’s a slightly thicker version of regular soy sauce)
- garlic powder
- pinch of sugar
What To Serve Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Meal Prep With
I served my Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Meal Prep with rice, mixed greens, quick-pickled carrots, and topped it off with a scallion garnish. These aren’t mandatory but it’s just what I’m used to the chicken being served with. The pickled carrots and garnish are surprisingly easy to pull together. You may recognize the pickled carrots as one of the toppings in Banh Mi, these Vietnamese sandwiches. It’s usually made with daikon but carrots are more accessible so it’s what I went with. For the pickled carrots, the night before in a mason jar, I put in a large carrot (spiralized), 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp salt, 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar, and 1 cup water. I let it sit in the fridge overnight. It’ll last up to a week. Then the scallion garnish is even easier! I sliced 5 stalks of scallions and placed it in a bowl with a pinch of sugar and 1 tbsp of oil. I mixed it up and microwaved it for 30 seconds.
Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Meal Prep
- 2 tbsp lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 tbsp soy sauce paste, 3 tbsp first then 3 again
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken breast, halved into 4
To Serve / Optional
- mixed greens
- pickled carrots
- scallion garnish
- In a bowl, mix together the lemongrass, shallot, 3 tbsp (half) the soy sauce paste, garlic powder, and oil. Once everything is fully coated, add the rest of the soy sauce. (You can put all the soy sauce in at once if you'd like but I prefer mixing half first)
- Set aside a spoonful or two of the marinade on the side to use to brush onto the chicken while grilling later.
- Coat your chicken with the rest of the marinade and let it marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Once ready, place the chicken onto the grill and grill each side for 6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Brush on the sauce that was set aside onto the chicken if needed.
- Serve with your favourite sides, I choose mixed greens, rice, pickled carrots, and a scallion garnish.
WANT MORE MEAL PREPS?
- Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Freezer Friendly Whole Chicken Meal Prep
- Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep
- Healthy Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep
- Meal Prep 101
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube