Want to how to make crispy chicken thighs in your air fryer? Here is my basic air fryer chicken thighs recipe that takes 25 minutes to make!
What Is An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a handy appliance that mimics the results of deep frying with nothing more than hot air and little to no oil. Instead of completely submerging the food in oil, air-frying takes just a tablespoon of oil to achieve a similar taste and texture to deep-fried foods.
In addition, the air fryer also cooks oven baked things at a faster rate, for example, these chicken thighs only took 25 minutes and the skin comes out to be so crispy! I use the Philips Turbostar Digital Airfryer.
Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
These chicken thighs come out crispy on the outside and super tender and juicy on the inside. These air fryer chicken thighs are so easy to make with only a few ingredients! Thigh meat is super flavourful but can take a while to cook through compared to chicken breasts, but with the air fryer, it’s easy peasy!
Related: Making chicken breasts in the air fryer.
What You’ll Need To Make This Basic Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- chicken thighs
- olive oil
- garlic powder
Other things you can add to change up this recipe:
- chili flakes
- cajun seasoning
- 5 spice
How To Cook Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
Rub your olive oil onto the chicken thighs then coat them with a mix of salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
Place into your air fryer, making sure there is some space between them.
Set the air fryer to 400F and let it cook for 25 minutes.
Tips on Making This Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Do not over do it on the olive oil to get the seasoning to stick on the thighs! The chicken thighs skins are already a bit on the “fatty” side so it’ll crisp up without too much oil.
- Due to the drippings from the chicken thighs, this could potentially cause white smoke. However, do not fret! All you have to do is carefully remove the basket and pour off any excess oil (caused by the chicken thighs) out of the air fryer. According to Philips, white smoke does not harm your air fryer or the result. I’ve read that you can add some water to the bottom of the air fryer basket to prevent this but I’ve never personally tried it myself.
Basic Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Rub your olive oil onto the chicken thighs then coat them with a mix of salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Place into your air fryer, making sure there is some space between them.
- Set the air fryer to 400F and let it cook for 25 minutes.
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Freezer Friendly Marinades