Juicy, tender, and delicious, these Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans are made in one pan and is the perfect weeknight dinner or meal prep for the week!
Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans from The Ultimate One Pan Oven Cookbook
Have you ever done a Ragnar Relay? Well, when I was making this Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans recipe, I had just finished my Ragnar Trail Relay (you camp and run relay style in the woods for ~24 hours) and my body hurt and I did not want to move or get out of bed in general. However, I was also hungry so I wanted to make something that was easy, delicious, and quick to clean. Luckily for me, I had just gotten Julia’s new cookbook in the mail around 2 weeks ago: The Ultimate One Pan Oven Cookbook and I quickly flipped through it and looking for a recipe where I would have all the ingredients at home already. I had met Julia last year when we had both attended a tour of an apple farm in the GTA and when I had heard she was working on a cookbook, I was excited to see what she would come out with. So when she reached out to see if I would like a copy of her new cookbook, I did not think twice before saying yes! Her photos on her blog are amazing and her recipes are always packed with flavour so I was excited to get her first cookbook. You can find her cookbook here on Amazon.
I love that Julia’s cookbook uses only one pan (or one Dutch Oven!) so that you can cut down on the amount of dishes you have to do and is so convenient. One note about the cookbook though is that it does not show prep time, cook time, and total time but you can see what the cook time is for each recipe in the instructions itself. However, if you’re looking a straight to the point, easy to follow cookbook, The Ultimate One Pan Oven Cookbook jumps straight to the recipe (with tips sprinkled in) and has an image to accompany each recipe so you know exactly what you are making. I tend to eat with my eyes first so if cookbooks have recipes without accompanying photos, I’m more likely to skip those right off the bat.
Flipping through, her Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans recipe caught my eye and I just happened to have everything I needed in my kitchen. The Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans recipe uses a lot of pantry staples (olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, peanut butter, soy sauce, and Sriracha) and I almost always have some sort of chicken in my fridge since I buy that in bulk. Honestly, anything with peanut butter is a winner in my book and holy smokes this chicken with peanut sauce was finger licking good! I cannot get enough of this peanut sauce on the chicken thighs. Another favourite of mine from her cookbook is her oven baked maple sriracha bacon and her spicy blacked chicken legs with sweet potatoes and broccoli recipe.
What You’ll Need To Make These Delicious Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce
- two sheet pans (my one didn’t fit both the chicken thighs and green beans so if you have a large pan, you should be able to fit everything into one)
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- orange juice
- peanut butter
- 8 chicken thighs (I used skin on, bone in)
- green beans
- salt & pepper
Tips and Tricks On Making This Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans
- I use these Glasslock square airtight containers to pack up the leftovers and used it as a meal prep. The recipe serves 4 so that’s 3 days of lunch after eating this for dinner.
- If you have time, I’d recommend marinading the chicken in the sauce for 30 minutes to an hour just to pack a heavier punch to the flavour. If you’re looking for more chicken marinades, check out the 7 marinades I have here!
- Don’t crowd your sheet pan, if your pan is not large enough to hold the chicken as well as the green beans. Use two instead.
- Just to add a little extra colour to the chicken thighs, I put the chicken thighs under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- I had some extra lemon leftover from using the lemon juice so I sliced up some and tossed them on top of the green beans.
- Julia’s recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs – I used bone in skin on chicken thighs because it was what I had and it came out perfectly!
Chicken Thighs in Peanut Sauce with Green Beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3/4 lb green beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F. While the oven is preheating, mix 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the peanut butter, lemon juice, orange juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha in a bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs in the middle of a nonstick baking pan. Make sure that the chicken thighs are fully flattened. Pour half the sauce over the thighs, then flip and pour the rest of the sauce, making sure that it fully covers the chicken.
- Spread the green beans around the chicken thighs in one layer. Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the green beans, season with salt and pepper to taste and lightly mix with your hands or tongs to cover them with oil and seasoning.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked to 165F and the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice, if desired, or double the amount of green beans and cook on a separate pan.
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- Meal Prep 101
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
More Chicken Recipes to Try
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Vietnamese Grill Chicken Meal Prep
- Chicken Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles
- Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce