Made in under 30 minutes, this Sheet Pan Gnocchi Meal Prep is healthy, filling, and also perfect as a last minute dinner!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Meal Prep
How often do you meal prep? Sundays have been a little overwhelming for me every since I started working 9-5 on Saturdays and my weekend gets cut a little shorter so by the time Sunday night’s meal prepping session comes around, I just want to throw everything into a pot or pan and call it a day!
If you feel the same way (or if you’re looking to do a fast meal prep!) then this Sheet Pan Gnocchi Meal Prep is perfect for you! After a long day, this sheet pan meal prep is perfect — it’s mostly hands-off, it takes 30 minutes, and you only use one sheet pan! And the best part about this gnocchi meal prep? You don’t need to boil the gnocchi! Into the oven it goes.
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi are a variety of pasta consisting of various thick, small, and soft dough dumplings that may be made from potatoes and sometimes cheese and egg. They are usually prepared by boiling them but for today’s recipe, we are baking them in a sheet pan!
What You’ll Need To Make This Sheet Pan Gnocchi Meal Prep
- red onion: I prefer my red onions to be diced into little squares, however, if you like them sliced, that works for this sheet pan recipe as well. Cook time stays the same.
- chickpeas: I like to use my Instant Pot to cook my chickpeas from dry. Canned chickpeas works as well.
- bell pepper: I used red bell peppers, use what you have or prefer!
- olive oil
- seasoning: I used this tomato, basil, oregano seasoning mix but it’s up to you how you’d like to season it.
How To Make Sheet Pan Gnocchi
Heat oven to 425F.
On a sheet pan, add in the gnocchi, red onion, chickpeas, and bell peppers.
Drizzle on olive oil and seasoning. Using your hands, mix everything together and spread the ingredients in a single layer on the sheet pan.
Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, giving everything a stir half way through.
When done, serve with a squeeze from a lemon wedge and some parmesan cheese.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge as a meal prep.
Seasoning Ideas For This Sheet Pan Gnocchi
lemon + pepper
basil + thyme + lemon zest
salt + garlic powder + onion powder
garlic + smoked paprika + cayenne pepper
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Meal Prep
- 500 grams gnocchi
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 cups chickpeas
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp seasoning, I used tomato, basil, oregano seasoning mix
- lemon, to taste
- Parmesan, to taste
- Heat oven to 425F.
- On a sheet pan, add in the gnocchi, red onion, chickpeas, and bell peppers.
- Drizzle on olive oil and seasoning. Using your hands, mix everything together and spread the ingredients in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, giving everything a stir half way through.
- When done, serve with a squeeze from a lemon wedge and some parmesan cheese.
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Freezer Friendly Marinades
- Meal Prep Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mealprepsupport/
MORE LUNCH IDEAS TO TRY
- Cold Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad
- Chicken Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Healthy Chicken Mason Jar Salad
- Cold Chicken Pasta with Broccoli and Peas
- Mango Chili Lime Chicken
- Cold Chicken Peanut Lime Noodles