This Sriracha Honey Shrimp Meal Prep is perfect for days where you are craving a stir fry. Made in under 30 minutes, this pan-seared shrimp with veggies mixed in, is the perfect blend of sweet and hot. This Sriracha Honey Shrimp recipe is not only great as a meal prep but perfect as a quick weeknight dinner.
Disclaimer: the Ballarini Bologna Pan pictured in this post was received as a gift from Zwilling. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Healthy Sriracha Honey Shrimp Meal Prep
Recently, H’s been working in Toronto instead of out of town and I’ve been doubling my hours at work so meal prepping has really been saving my butt when it comes to meals at work. With our meals now doubling, it means I’ve been having to meal prep twice a week instead of once (I usually make 4 servings per meal when meal prepping). I don’t mind as it gives me a chance to mix up our weekly lunches but it means I’ve been trying to work on making speedier meal preps. This delicious but healthy Sriracha Honey Shrimp meal prep is just that! It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! It’s beyond easy to make and it has a great kick thanks to the sriracha.
What You’ll Need to Make this Sriracha Honey Shrimp
- rice (or whatever grain you prefer)
- red pepper flakes
- soy sauce or tamari
- a bag of shrimp (360g)
- snow peas or snap peas
Tips on making the perfect Sriracha Honey Shrimp Meal Prep
- I mixed my sauce ahead of time and set it aside. I added my cornstarch to the mix at the same time as well to help thicken the sauce. It continues to thicken once the sauce goes onto the pan. To cut down on time, I don’t reduce and cook the sauce on its own.
- Make sure your pan is hot before dropping your shrimp in. Once the shrimp it in and flat, let it sear on one side before flipping them. Avoid moving them around too much so they can sear properly.
- Be sure to pat your shrimp dry before seasoning and placing them in the pan.
- Other ingredients you can add or sub in are: onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, tofu, cauliflower, cabbage, peanuts/cashews, baby boy choy, zucchini, seaweed, and more!
- Other things you can serve your sriracha honey shrimp over: lentils, quinoa, noodles, and brown rice.
- Making this for dinner? Add a sunny side up egg over your sriracha honey shrimp to add a creamy richness to it.
- Be sure to use a large enough pan when stir frying to avoid overcrowding. I used the Ballarini Bologna 11-Inch Granitium Frying Pan. It’s also non-stick so it makes cleaning a lot easier!
Sriracha Honey Shrimp Meal Prep
- 2 cups uncooked rice
Sriracha Honey Sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Sriracha Honey Shrimp Stir Fry
- 360 grams shrimp deveined, peeled
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 cup snow peas
- salt and pepper
- Start with cooking your rice either on the stove top or rice cooker. Follow the directions provided from your rice bag.
- In a bowl, mix together all your ingredients for the Sriracha Honey sauce. Set it aside.
- After you've patted dry your shrimp, season it with some salt and pepper. Then place them into a hot non-stick pan (on high heat).
- Sear the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, then flip and sear the opposite side for 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside for later.
- Now that the pan is empty, lower the heat to medium-heat heat and drop your vegetables into the pan (broccoli first and snow peas last). Sauté your vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Add your shrimp and sauce back into the pan and sauté it some more until everything is covered evenly with sauce.
Resources and Tips for Make Ahead Lunches
- Meal Prep 101
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
WANT MORE MEAL PREPS?
- Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- Vietnamese Bun Cha Inspired Meatballs Meal Prep
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Healthy Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowl
- Freezer Friendly Whole Chicken Meal Prep
- Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube