This Sriracha Honey Shrimp Meal Prep is perfect for days where you are craving a stir fry. Made in under 30 minutes, this pan-seared shrimp with veggies mixed in, is the perfect blend of sweet and hot. This Sriracha Honey Shrimp recipe is not only great as a meal prep but perfect as a quick weeknight dinner.
click here to pin this sriracha honey shrimp meal prep for later!
Disclaimer: the Ballarini Bologna Pan pictured in this post was received as a gift from Zwilling. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Healthy Sriracha Honey Shrimp Meal Prep
Recently, H’s been working in Toronto instead of out of town and I’ve been doubling my hours at work so meal prepping has really been saving my butt when it comes to meals at work. With our meals now doubling, it means I’ve been having to meal prep twice a week instead of once (I usually make 4 servings per meal when meal prepping). I don’t mind as it gives me a chance to mix up our weekly lunches but it means I’ve been trying to work on making speedier meal preps. This delicious but healthy Sriracha Honey Shrimp meal prep is just that! It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! It’s beyond easy to make and it has a great kick thanks to the sriracha.
What You’ll Need to Make this Sriracha Honey Shrimp
- rice (or whatever grain you prefer)
- red pepper flakes
- soy sauce or tamari
- a bag of shrimp (360g)
- snow peas or snap peas
Tips on making the perfect Sriracha Honey Shrimp Meal Prep
- I mixed my sauce ahead of time and set it aside. I added my cornstarch to the mix at the same time as well to help thicken the sauce. It continues to thicken once the sauce goes onto the pan. To cut down on time, I don’t reduce and cook the sauce on its own.
- Make sure your pan is hot before dropping your shrimp in. Once the shrimp it in and flat, let it sear on one side before flipping them. Avoid moving them around too much so they can sear properly.
- Be sure to pat your shrimp dry before seasoning and placing them in the pan.
- Other ingredients you can add or sub in are: onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, tofu, cauliflower, cabbage, peanuts/cashews, baby boy choy, zucchini, seaweed, and more!
- Other things you can serve your sriracha honey shrimp over: lentils, quinoa, noodles, and brown rice.
- Making this for dinner? Add a sunny side up egg over your sriracha honey shrimp to add a creamy richness to it.
- Be sure to use a large enough pan when stir frying to avoid overcrowding. I used the Ballarini Bologna 11-Inch Granitium Frying Pan. It’s also non-stick so it makes cleaning a lot easier!
Sriracha Honey Shrimp Meal Prep
- 2 cups uncooked rice
Sriracha Honey Sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Sriracha Honey Shrimp Stir Fry
- 360 grams shrimp, deveined, peeled
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 cup snow peas
- salt and pepper
- Start with cooking your rice either on the stove top or rice cooker. Follow the directions provided from your rice bag.
- In a bowl, mix together all your ingredients for the Sriracha Honey sauce. Set it aside.
- After you've patted dry your shrimp, season it with some salt and pepper. Then place them into a hot non-stick pan (on high heat).
- Sear the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, then flip and sear the opposite side for 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside for later.
- Now that the pan is empty, lower the heat to medium-heat heat and drop your vegetables into the pan (broccoli first and snow peas last). Sauté your vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Add your shrimp and sauce back into the pan and sauté it some more until everything is covered evenly with sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
Resources and Tips for Make Ahead Lunches
- Meal Prep 101
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
WANT MORE MEAL PREPS?
- Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- Vietnamese Bun Cha Inspired Meatballs Meal Prep
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Healthy Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowl
- Freezer Friendly Whole Chicken Meal Prep
- Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube
Theis sriracha shrimp stir-fry is exactly how my family likes to eat. Lots of fresh vegetables, a light protein and a flavor-packed sauce. This recipe would make one meal for my family — so in order to do meal prep for future, I’d probably have to double or triple it… Will the proportions work well in that manner?
We LOVE sriracha sauce in our house. The perfect pairing with seafood (or anything). This is a great way to have some meals ready for busy weeknights. So much better than getting “take out” because you don’t have time to cook.
My hubby loves shrimp and I love the idea of meal prepping. Sometimes I work late and don’t have time for cooking, saving this for busy weeks, I think he is going to love this. Thanks for the recipe!
Wow, this meal looks like a rainbow in a bowl! So pretty! I am now totally craving it! I love sriracha! I would use maple syrup though as I don’t eat honey. Oh, and your suggestion about adding an egg on top is super enticing!
I am so terrible at planning meals in advance. This is really inspiring. It would be wonderful to have these shrimp ready to go! We always have rice in house so it would be so handy to just throw some over rice. Thanks for the inspiration!
We eat lots of shrimp and are always looking for a new recipe. This is such a great idea and the dish is so pretty. And sriracha is one of our favorite sauces!! I can’t wait to make the dish — I know it’ll be a favorite.
Sriracha and shrimp are two of my most favorite things! Add to that some crunchy veggies and I’m set. However, I’m the worst at meal prep. I don’t know what it is. I need to change that, because it would free up so much time and I’d feel so much less run down. Definitely going to start putting your recipes and tips to use!
YUM. This really reminds me that I need to do more meal prep. It’s been nuts around here lately and I’ve been scrambling for meals more often than I’d care to admit. Everyone in my house loves pretty much everything in this meal, and I can definitely live with 30 minutes start-to-finish. Love it! Cheers!
I am totally obsessed with everything Sriracha, and this sounds like such a great meal, especially with all the meal prep instructions that would make it soooo much easier to get a great dinner on the table during a busy week. Adding it to the rotation, especially with all those lovely crunchy veggies packed in there!
I made this last night and doubled the chili flakes. It was SO good! I’ve been loving everything you’ve posted that I’ve tried. Thanks for sharing!
Carmy is the best thing that has happened to my meal planning! I made this dish twice… in a week. Can’t wait to work my way through the blog posts! Thank you!
Thank you for your kind words! I’m so happy you found and enjoyed the recipe!!