Making a Vanilla Latte at home has never been easier. This is my go-to, quick and easy vanilla latte recipe that can be enjoyed hot or iced. All you need are three ingredients, and you’ll have a latte ready in no time.
One of my go-to orders at Starbucks is an iced vanilla latte. However, since I work from home, I’ve lost my excuse to swing by Starbucks on a daily basis. So here’s how I make my copycat recipe at home in a few quick steps.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s so easy to make. I usually start my espresso while I juggle other things (like making my air fryer hard boiled eggs), and it only takes me seconds to finish it off.
- You can enjoy this latte hot or iced. In the summer, I make mine iced but in the winter, I use my smeg milk frother to heat up the milk for a cozy, warm latte. Honestly, this has been my all-time favorite purchase as, again, it works its magic without me with a push of a button.
- You only need 3 ingredients plus some ice. It’s definitely more budget-friendly than visiting SB daily.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- espresso — I use vanilla Nespresso pods, but you can brew a strong coffee or use instant espresso.
- vanilla syrup — I use Torani vanilla syrup, but you can also use vanilla bean syrup! I’ve made it with both.
- milk — you can use regular milk or dairy-free milk.
How to Make a Vanilla Latte
- Prepare your coffee. I use a coffee maker. Heat up your milk if you’d like warm milk. You can heat up the milk in a machine or on the stovetop. You can even microwave the milk if you choose to.
- To a glass or mug, add the vanilla syrup.
- Add the espresso to the vanilla syrup.
- Add ice to the espresso if you’d like it iced.
- Add the milk to the glass.
- Stir to combine and enjoy immediately. If desired, you can add foam on top.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Instead of ice, freeze extra coffee in an ice tray and use it in the latte to avoid it getting watered down! I do this with my matcha often to keep my matcha latte from being watery!
- Make this stronger by using less milk and increasing the espresso.
- Add some froth on top if you desire!
The latte can be as sweet as you’d like for it to be. You can add extra vanilla syrup or less, depending on your preference. This latte has a hint of sweetness from the vanilla syrup, but it isn’t overly sweet, in my opinion.
You sure can! In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup granulated sugar, ½ cup water, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Make sure to stir the entire time.
- 4 oz espresso
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla syrup
- 1 cup milk, warm or cold
- Coffee Maker
- Prepare your coffee. I use a coffee maker. Heat up your milk if you’d like warm milk. Froth it if desired.
- To a glass or mug, add the vanilla syrup, espresso, ice, and milk to the glass.
- Stir to combine and enjoy immediately. Top with froth if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving
More Drinks to Enjoy
- Earl Grey Milk Tea
- Cold Brew Milk Tea
- Vietnamese Coffee
- Thai Boba Tea
- Hojicha Bubble Tea
- Taro Milk Tea
- Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Banana Milk
- Korean Strawberry Milk
Other places to connect with me
@carmyshungry on Instagram
Shop my Amazon faves
Email: [email protected]
Leave a Reply