This is a simple White Bean Hummus with no tahini recipe that is great as a dip for fresh or roasted veggies, as a spread on sandwiches or crackers.
White Bean Hummus
Call it a white bean dip or call it a white bean hummus, either way, this super versatile recipe needs to get on your meal prep menu this week!
While hummus is usually made out of chickpeas, I like to live life on the edge and do what I want. And by that I mean I made a whoooooole lotta white navy beans while testing how to use my Instant Pot to make navy beans from dried so I really needed something to do with all my beans so I decided to make “hummus” with it.
Bonus points: white beans have more protein and fibre per serving than chickpeas so if you want to switch things up a bit, use white beans! They also blend beautifully so you get such a smooth and creamy dip without having to use tahini.
What You’ll Need To Make This White Bean Dip
- white beans: here’s how I make mine from dried beans using the Instant Pot!
- olive oil
- lemon juice
How To Make the Easiest White Bean Hummus
Combine all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water to achieve your desired consistency if needed.
Ways to Use White Bean Hummus
I like to meal prep a batch ahead of time and use it throughout the week in a few different ways:
- as a dip
- as a spread in your sandwich
- as an ingredient in a salad dressing
- add it in some soup to thicken it
How To Store White Bean Hummus
- Store in an airtight container such as a mason jar for up to a week.
- I like to store my hummus in 4oz mason jars for meal prepping since it’s the perfect grab and go size to go with some crackers or chopped veggies. Or I store it directly in a meal prep container like in the photo below!
White Bean Hummus
- 2 cups white navy beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juice, juiced
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water, more if needed
- Combine all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water to achieve your desired consistency if needed.
- Optional: drizzle olive oil and garnish on top to serve.
More No Tahini Hummus Recipes
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Freezer Friendly Marinades
- Meal Prep Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mealprepsupport/