These perfect Easy Peel Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs take little to no time to make and come out perfect every time! Make a batch for snacking, breakfast, or meal prep this week!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
I consume quite a bit of eggs. I love them poached, hard boiled, scrambled, fried, in quiches, and on my bowls of ramen! Even my dog loves eggs! So there’s always a case of eggs in my fridge at all times.
Recently I had purchased a new stove and while waiting for a week to get the gas pipe installed, I was stove-less. When breakfast time rolled around, I was putting tatertots in my air fryer (because I’m an adult and I make A+ decisions lol) and thought “I need something healthy to go with this.” If my tots weren’t already in the air fryer, I would’ve made my hard boiled eggs in the air fryer. I didn’t want to wait til they were done and then have my tots be cold by the time the eggs were ready so I decided now was the time to figure out hard boiled eggs in the IP!
I went off what I learned testing the IP poached egg recipe and that’s pretty much how this recipe came to be. I had a deliciously soft yolked egg on my first try so I wanted to test a few more eggs and see if I could replicate it! I heard a lot about 5-5-5 (5 minutes pressure up, 5 minutes high pressure, 5 minutes natural release) but I managed to make my hard boil eggs come out wonderfully without the NPR so I thought I’d share my findings!
About my IP: I’ve only tested this recipe using a Duo Plus 9 in 1 Instant Pot (6 qt). I have not tested this in other models or sizes. Adjustments may have to be made for a different IP.
What You Need To Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- trivet: it should come with your IP.
- tongs: to get the eggs out of the IP and into the ice bath safely.
- eggs: room temperature, size: large.
How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
Place your eggs on a trivet inside of your Instant Pot before adding in 1 cup of water.
Close your lid, set the valve to sealing, and set your manual pressure.
- 5 minutes for soft slightly runny yolks
- 7 minutes for firmer creamy yolks
- 8 minutes for more pale yellow yolks
Quick release once done and immediately place them in an ice bath using tongs.
Peel once cool to touch.
Best Way To Peel Eggs
Once eggs have cooled in ice bath, crack them open by gently tapping the sides on the kitchen counter then rolling it back and forth under your palm. This should loosen the shell enough to be able to quickly and easily peel the shell off.
How To Store Instant Pot Eggs
Hard boiled eggs are okay to sit at room temperature for a couple hours, so be sure to store the boiled eggs in the fridge if you don’t plan on eating them right away. They should last for about a week but I only make 5 days worth at a time.
I recommend that you keep the hard boiled eggs refrigerated in the shells and peel them when you’d like to eat them
Yummy Ways To Use IP Eggs
- breakfast on the go or slice it up and put it on top of avocado toast
- snack (you can sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on top!)
- devilled eggs
- marinate a 5 minute soft boiled egg (peeled) and use it as a ramen topper
- egg salad
- cobb salad
- salad topper
- pasta meal prep
- egg salad sandwich
- Korean marinated eggs
- if you have more suggestions, leave them down below in the comments!
How to Avoid an Eggicent!
- Use room temperature eggs: my Instant Pot eggs seemed to have an increased chance of cracking under pressure when cooked straight from the fridge!
- Use a trivet: Placing your eggs directly in the liner in the water leaves them more likely to be jostled and cracked during cooking.
- Use cold water: warm water comes up to pressure faster so use cold water for consistency.
- Quick release: your eggs will keep cooking in the Instant Pot if you let it NPR. Avoid overcooking your Instant Pot hard boiled eggs by QR-ing.
- Ice bath: ice bathing the eggs right as they’re done helps halt the cooking process so they stay perfectly cooked.
ARE BROWN EGGS HEALTHIER THAN WHITE EGGS?
No! The colour of your eggs are dependent of the breed of hen that laid the eggs.
Brown eggs may cost more than white eggs but that’s due to the hens that lay them are a little more expensive to raise than the white-egged counterpart.
Easy Peel Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs, room temperature, size: large
- 1 cup water
- trivet (comes with the IP)
- Place your eggs on a trivet inside of your Instant Pot before adding in 1 cup of water.
- Close your lid, set the valve to sealing, and set your manual pressure. 5 minutes for soft slightly runny yolks. 7 minutes for firmer creamy yolks8 minutes for paler yellow yolks
- Quick release once done and immediately place them in an ice bath using tongs.
- Peel once cool to touch.
Nutrition Per Serving
Other Instant Pot Egg Recipes
- Instant Pot Poached Eggs
- Instant Pot Grab and Go Egg Breakfast Frittatas
- Instant Pot Pizza Egg Bites
More Instant Pot Recipes
- 20+ Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice with Butter and Garlic
- Instant Pot Coconut Lime Rice
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli