This Strawberry with Chocolate Oatmeal Bake is the perfect breakfast! The pop of colour makes for a pretty looking breakfast for a special occasion but simple enough to work as a weekly meal prep!
Strawberry with Chocolate Oatmeal Bake
To me, the best feeling in the world is waking up and having breakfast ready, whether it be a breakfast that I’ve prepped ahead of time or a lovely freshly cooked meal! So whenever I feel like being super nice to H, I’ll wake up a little earlier on the weekend to make sure breakfast is ready once he’s up so he can have that “best feeling in the world” feeling!
Sometimes I’ll make something complicated with multiple components when I’m feeling fancy but one of my favourite things to make is actually a super simple oatmeal bake. It doesn’t take a lot of time to put together and once it’s in the oven, you’re pretty much done! So I get to spend that time quietly reading (or scrolling through Instagram) by myself before the hectic day begins.
A Healthy Breakfast to Start the Day
Whether you’re meal prepping this baked oatmeal or making it on a weekend morning, this oatmeal bake is such a delicious and healthy way to start off your day. You’ve got your fruit serving from the strawberries, fibre from the oatmeal, some protein from the egg, and obviously the chocolate brings it all together haha.
What You’ll Need To Make This Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
- old fashioned rolled oats: do not substitute for quick oats. They won’t hold up as nicely!
- brown sugar
- strawberries: I used fresh strawberries but frozen strawberries should work. Skip defrosting them.
- chocolate chips: dark or milk chocolate, it’s up to you
- milk: I use whole milk (always. no skim milk for me!)
- egg: room temperature
- butter: unsalted, melted
- vanilla extract
For this oatmeal bake, I used the Vargagen Oven Dish in 26×21 cm oval from IKEA. But you can also use a 9×9 square baking dish if you prefer.
How To Make Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
Heat the oven to 375F.
Spray your baking dish with cooking spray (I use PAM) and then set it aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, strawberries, and almost all of the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
Using the same bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the centre set and top golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion/serve.
How Long Does Baked Oatmeal Lasts in the Fridge for Meal Prep?
This oatmeal bake is a great meal prep as it lasts 5-6 days in the fridge for me. I like to portion it out into airtight containers from Amazon so I can just grab one serving to reheat. But if you have leftovers and don’t want to portion it out, you can always cover it with cling film.
Strawberry with Chocolate Oatmeal Bake
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk, whole milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted and melted
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Spray your baking dish with cooking spray and then set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, strawberries, and almost all of the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Using the same bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the centre set and top golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Portion/serve.
MORE BREAKFAST MEAL PREPS
- Breakfast Wonton Egg Cups
- Make Ahead Breakfast Taco Egg Bowl
- Freezer Friendly Breakfast Egg Sandwiches
- Grab and Go Instant Pot Frittatas
- Chocolate Chia Steel Cut Overnight Oats
- 4 Make Ahead Overnight Oats
- Instant Pot Poached Eggs
- Instant Pot Pizza Egg Bites
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Freezer Friendly Marinades
- Meal Prep Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mealprepsupport/